Wednesday 21 March 2012

Pinterest Weekly Challenge: Messy Foam Play


Little Man loves the bath, a bit too much, in that we can’t get him out of it!!
He also loves painting and anything messy really.
I have to admit I don’t do enough of it. It might be the control freak in me coming out to play; the idea of the potential mess makes me nervous.
But I am going to do more with him. That’s my plan.

So for our first messy play activity, I got out two tubes of “crazy soap” foam bought from Tesco’s after hearing they had used this in crèche and Little Man loved it. This was about a year ago. And we played with it at the time and boy was it messy. But actually clean messy, as it doesn’t spill everywhere it just sticks to everything, but it is dry, so easier to clean up. And washes off clothes, etc.

So this time I was a bit more prepared. I have a plastic box I use for Sensory Play, filled with containers, lids, brushes, sticks, etc. so I put a blanket on the floor, then a large plastic box lid on the blanket, and the plastic box on top. So lots of areas to catch spills/ mess. Little Man was very good at keeping the foam in the box. I find he is very open to instructions. Good for showing them limitations.

We then proceeded to squirt the foam. It was great fun, Little Man loved it. He found it tricky enough to squirt it himself, so I helped him, or squirted it for him.

He enjoyed squashing it between his fingers, imagining he was washing his hands with it, rubbing it up his arms, mixing it around the box, putting it into the little containers.

I made a snow man, which was then squashed. I then made a big ball of “clouds” as we called them. It took a while to convince Little Man to try holding it before squishing it, when he did and rolled it around his hands he enjoyed the feeling. It feels so light and delicate. Then he squished it!


Such fun.

Then to clean up we took the box up to the bath and Little Man used the shower head to rinse it all.

What next now??? Will have to do a search on my to-do Pinterest Weekly Challenge for mess play activities.

3 comments:

  1. I love foam play - and now intrigued by crazy soap (where did you find it in Tesco's - I mean which aisle I hope they have it in ours.).

    I would love for you to come and link up at our weekly link party Tuesday Tots and thank you so much for coming to play at Kid's Co-op this week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it!!! I will have to get my hands on some of that foam. Little M would love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for comments, Cerys- we got it in the bath section- so with other bubble baths, etc. We're in Ireland though, so not sure if the same stock in UK. hope you can find it, lots of fun.

    ReplyDelete

Blogger Wordpress Gadgets